CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 17

My weird emails.

I always seem to get really weird emails...so here's a recent one I got:


Socrato Helps Schools and Tutoring Centers Improve Students' Performance

Customer News

Massachusetts Elementary School Principals Association Conference

 

MESPA

The Socrato team had the pleasure of being a sponsor for this year’s MESPA conference in Hyannis. We enjoyed meeting the many participants and look forward to strengthening our relationships with both our old and new friends.

 

Innovative Model Helps Condon Improve MCAS Scores

We’d like to congratulate the Condon Elementary School in Boston for their impressive success with improving their students' MCAS performance using their innovative in-class service model. Condon’s in-class service model combines students with special needs with the general student population. The students not requiring special needs performed on average 5% higher on the MCAS when educated in a mixed classroom when compared to similar students in a non-mixed class setting. Condon leveraged Socrato’s unique ad hoc reporting and demographic capabilities to quickly show the fruits of their efforts. We plan to publish a case study on the program in the next few weeks.

Chyten Launches Free SAT Diagnostic For High Schools

The folks at Chyten Educational Services have launched an in depth SAT diagnostic service that has taken their well-known SAT expertise and packaged it into what they call the "Magnostic". By leveraging Socrato’s learning content and analytics platform, they have created a world-class SAT preparation tool. They are offering the service free to high schools. In addition to the detailed reports for students, they also provide school-wide analysis to help schools improve instruction with respect to the SAT.

Learn more.

Spring School Pilot Roundup

We’d like to thank our many pilot customers from this spring. Your feedback has been invaluable in our efforts to improve Socrato for other teachers and schools. In the product update section below you can see a few examples of the major new features we’ve incorporated so far based on your excellent feedback. If there’s something else you’d like to see added or improved, we welcome your input. Don’t be shy about sending us a note or giving us a call.


That's not even all of it. So, since I was in a weird mood, I replied with this:

#1: I don't live in Massachusetts

#2: I'm not a principal

#3: How did you even get my email, since I'm pretty sure I've never been to a Massachusetts school conference, seeing as how I've never been to Massachusetts in the first place, or anywhere near it. I don't even know where it is.

#4: Thanks. At least now I'll have a conversation starter. "Yesterday, I got a random email from someone in Massachusetts."

"Really? Wow. I've gotten one from _______ before?"

"Cool! Me too! What's your email, by the way?"

Etcetera. 


And the guy replied back:


Hi Kristin,
 
You received the email because you (or someone using your email address) registered for an account on Socrato (www.socrato.com) on August 28, 2008 at 6:10pm EST.  Beyond registering, it does not look like you used the system for much, so I'm not sure why you signed up.  The service is currently free to individuals while we are in beta.  We do have many people use our site to practice for the US Citizenship Test as well as for SAT or GRE vocabulary.  The reason the newsletter mentioned Massachusetts principals and schools is that many of our users are in Massachusetts, but certainly not all.  We also offer services to tutoring companies and other users world-wide.
 
Let us know if you'd like us to remove you from the site and/or email list.  If you stay on you can expect friendly but infrequent updates from Massachusetts....
 
Best regards,
 
Mike 

Funny, huh? Just thought I'd mention that...since not much else has been going on here lately. Some weird stuff at the library, but not enough for me to remember and type up. 
I'm bored...and kinda annoyed. And sad.
I just read this really awesome story on fictionpress...it was amazing. And long, though it only took me like two hours to read. I randomly feel like triple jumping...and so, I bid you adieu.
I don't even know why I typed that.
Kris.

1 people were awesome enough to comment.:

Rian said...

haha internet hacker mike :P

... hah. the Chosen Principle Kristin. :D