CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18

Kristin's Rant/RAmblings on Jumping, the best part of track!

Okay...I've had this need to talk, or type, excessively for a while now, so I figured it should be about something I enjoy. And at practice this morning, I decided it could be jumping! 

So, as you should know, I do long jump and triple jump. I like triple jump better, but that doesn't really have to do with anything...
See, the good thing about jumping is that you don't have to run as much as everyone else. Unless, of course, you run too. And I'm sure most of you don't understand all the mechanics of jumping, but you should know that you're supposed to try and jump as far as you can...I hope you know that.
Long jump is simple. You run, hit the board, and jump into the sand, which we call the pit. If you step over the board, it's called a scratch and the jump doesn't count, no matter how far it was. I hate scratching, which is good, because I rarely do. 
Triple jump is pretty much that same thing, but as the name implies, there are three jumps, instead of just the one in long jump. The board is farther back than the long jump one, because you need room for all three jumps. The combination is often called hop-step-jump. 
The hop is the first jump, though I prefer to think of it as kicking the dog that's chasing you...you probably won't really understand that, but that's not the point. Next is the step, which is what it is...a step. You step off the leg you land your hop on and proceed into the last jump...the jump. 
It's harder than it sounds, but I love it! You should watch some videos of it...I'll post some in a sec. But just to warn you, these videos probably won't be of high school students, so don't think I'm jumping that far...because I'm not. My farthest jump is 28'10. I have to reach thirty feet by the end of the season, which, by the way, is in about three weeks. I think, anyways. 
I'm not entirely sure what my longest long jump is, because I know I haven't jumped my best this season...and I don't remember what it was before that.
The third jump probably looks the most like mine...The first one is a world record holder, and the second on is just a bunch of really really good people.
Well, I think I gave you enough info...though I'm not sure anyone will actually read this. But comment if you do. Please.
And thank you.
Kris.

2 people were awesome enough to comment.:

Rian said...

... don't say "it sounds harder than it really is"!! because i mean, yeah it's hard, but that explanation kinda confused me! O.O maybe it's because i'm supposed to be doing health homework, but my brain is jumbled because i'm not sure whether or not i'm actually JP or not... it's very... weird. NO OFFENSE JP PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! >.<

Kris said...

...i didn't say it sounds harder than it really is. i said it's harder than it sounds...which is the opposite.