CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13

OREO confused me.

So i'm working on a literary analysis paper (trust me, i am, for once [smile]) and i was looking at this powerpoint that was SUPPOSED to help me with embedded quotes. It did, but it TOTALLY confused me.
The example was "Humpty Dumpty", alright? everyone knows that? if not:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the King's Horses
and all the King's Men
Couldn't put Humpty together again
or at least it's my version. the OREO one didn't make all that much sense, cuz seriously "all the king's horsemen & all the king's men"??? but anyway... in that, is Humpty Dumpty the king?! I never thought he was- i mean, in all of the picture nursery rhyme books i've had, it never depicted him as the King. but this stupid OREO thing said he WAS. so now i'm CONFUSED. help me please? ¿Ayuda me, por favor? [insert however you say "help me" in french here] si vous plate?
Rian (continues working because she wants to watch the Mavs game... hopefully we won't lose...)
psst: OREO stands for "Own words, Required Evidence, Own words". tis for embedding quotes in essays. :)

1 people were awesome enough to comment.:

DAS said...

i didn't know humpty was the king...i thought he was like the king's friend, clown, or just a really cool guy that the king just wanted to put back together...but i guess the poem would still make sense if you added that HE was the king....but i've never heard of that version before... :D good luck!