CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27

Books

For some reason, I felt like talking about books, so I'm going to.

You probably know how much I love the Maximum Ride series, since we talk about it all the time. Twilight is good too, but I haven't really talked about any other books that I like. First off I guess I'll talk about the stuff on my bookshelf. It's extremely organized. I have series on the bottom, for the main part, and other...non-series on the top. My series are: Harry Potter, Eragon, Maximum ride, and Twilight. I can't stand having a partial series, so I own every single book. On the top I have the three Dramacon books, the awesome manga that I love, and a few other mangas that weren't as good. Then there's the So You Want To Be a Wizard series, which wouldn't fit on the bottom, The Face on the Milk Carton, a Wrinkle in Time, Stargirl, Violet Eyes, The Alchiemyst, I have no idea how that's spelled, Ella Enchanted, the Left Behind Kids series, Chasing Spirit Bear, which now has a sequel I'm not going to read, and possibly a few others. 
When I go to the library, which is getting harder because I have SO much homework, I always go in alphabetical order. And this is pretty much what I'm thinking:

Read that, read that, read that, don't want to read that, read that, read that, OH! haven't read that, read that, read that, read that,etc.

You get the point. I've read most of the books my library has to offer, at least for my age group. I LOVE the Alice series, and there are a few authors I just love, like Sarah Dessen, Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, and Caroline B. Cooney. I've read nearly every book by each of them. Is it weird that they're all girls, or is it a sign? Maybe it's my subconscious telling me that I want to be like them! Or maybe I'm going crazy and trying to interpret things that aren't there. whatever the reason, I like them. I like James Patterson too, but mainly only the Maximum Ride series. I read Daniel X, and I liked it, but I thought it lacked creativity. And it was a bit crazy.
It seemed like exactly like Maximum Ride except he was an alien, and he didn't have wings...His voice was pretty much exactly the same, kinda sarcastic, and he was a little crazy too. Then he had to "save the world", and it kind of annoyed me. I think it would have been better if he, meaning JP, had changed the characteristics a bit. Just like no two people act exactly the same, characters shouldn't either.
Now that I'm done flaming JP, I'd better go eat. I'm starving. Well, not literally, because I probably wouldn't be here, and it didn't take me THAT long. Oh yeah! The most hilarious thing happened last night. Sometimes, when we want to talk or read, my brother will sleep on the floor in my room. So last night I was reading Brisingr, and I had stopped to take a drink of water. Then Jason, being stupid, threw an empty water bottle at me. Luckily, it didn't hit me, but it hit the wall and for some reason, we both randomly burst out laughing...But I had water in my mouth. I was really trying to stop laughing so I wouldn't choke, but apparently, that didn't work, so I ended up leaning over the side of the bed and spitting the water out ON THE FLOOR. It was hilarious. We laughed even harder at that.
Well, I'm going to really eat now.
Kris.

1 people were awesome enough to comment.:

DAS said...

yay brisingr! it was good but unfortunate ending.